Fox News reported these key points of the four page FISA memo.
Click HERE to read the released memo in its entirity.
The key take-a-ways are… h/t Fox News.
* Christopher Steele, who compiled the controversial dossier containing colorful but unverifiable claims about Trump, confirmed to former associate deputy attorney general Bruce Ohr. That he “was desperate that Donald Trump not get elected and was passionate about him not being president.”
* The dossier was key to the FBI’s FISA warrant in its surveillance of members of Trump’s team.
* The FBI and DOJ obtained an initial FISA warrant targeting Carter Page, a former foreign policy adviser to Trump.
* The surveillance warrants and renewals did not mention that the dossier was paid for. At least in part, by the Democratic National Committee. And the campaign for Hillary Clinton. The memo says the DOJ was aware at the time of the initial FISA application that “political actors were involved with the Steele dossier.”
* While Ohr met with Steele, Ohr’s wife was employed by Fusion GPS, the firm contracted to produce the dossier. And was assisting in opposition research on Trump, according to the memo. This information was also not included in the warrant.
* Former FBI Deputy Director Andrew McCabe told the House Intelligence Committee in December 2017 that a surveillance warrant would not have been sought without the dossier and what it purportedly revealed.
The Democrats are responding.
The Democrats have responded with everything from Nunes should be removed to Trump created a constitutional crisis. The question is…have they read the four page FISA memo? Because if they had, they should be concerned about the abuse. In addition, the sacred FISA court system was abused by people who were in the Obama-era administration. Regardless of which side of the aisle they are on.
The law should apply to EVERYONE. America is, after all, a land of laws. Clearly, this FISA memo shows that the FISA court papers were signed with information that was false.
Additionally, they were people who were in “high places.” Not the everyday rank and file workers of the FBI and DOJ who would NEVER dream of breaking the law the way their leaders did. The only constitutional crisis is the one perpetrated on the American people by illegally spying on civilians.
President Trump responds shortly before the FISA Memo’s release.
“The memo was sent to Congress, it was declassified. Congress will do whatever they’re going to do. But I think it’s a disgrace what’s happened in our country. President Trump continued with, “a lot of people should be ashamed of themselves. And much worse than that.
Some say this is just the tip of the iceberg of what will be revealed.
In conclusion, if you would like to see action taken then please contact your Republican and Democrat law makers. Your State Representatives and your State Senators. And let them know what you think. Your voice matters. Click HERE for quick access to their information.