American Hero Devin Nunes, (R-CA) who is Chairman over the House Intelligence Committee, came forward declaring that he wants 17 current and former FBI or Justice Department officials to testify on Capitol Hill about possible government surveillance abuse during the 2016 election.
This includes fired FBI deputy director Andrew McCabe and disgraced FBI official Peter Strzok. (Video Below)
According to Catherine Herridge of Fox News, she reports that in a letter obtained, Devin Nunes has requested that the joint task force of the Oversight and Judiciary Committees take steps to interview these officials because they may “have relevant information.”
She noted that the House Intelligence Committee does not have direct oversight over the FBI and the DOJ, so testimony is more likely to be compelled by referring names to the Oversight and Judiciary Committees.
“For the sake of transparency and to keep the American people as fully informed as possible about these matters, the task force should consider interviewing these individuals in an open setting,” Nunes wrote in the Friday letter to House Oversight Committee Chairman Trey Gowdy and House Judiciary Chairman Bob Goodlatte.
Letter Below: (Video Below)
The full list of 17 officials named by Nunes include:
- Trisha Anderson, DOJ lawyer
- James Baker, former FBI general counsel
- Gregory Brower, former FBI congressional liaison
- John Carlin, former head of the DOJ’s national security division
- Kevin Clinesmith, FBI lawyer
- Tashina Gauhar, DOJ official
- David Laufman, former head of DOJ’s counterintelligence division
- Andrew McCabe, former FBI deputy director
- Mary McCord, former DOJ lawyer
- Jonathan Moffa, FBI official
- Sally Moyer, FBI lawyer
- Bruce Ohr, former associate deputy attorney general
- Lisa Page, former FBI lawyer
- Joseph Pientka, FBI agent
- E.W. “Bill” Priestap, assistant director of the FBI counterintelligence division
- Peter Strzok, FBI agent
- George Toscas, DOJ official
Peter Strzok was escorted from FBI headquarters recently, was asked questions behind closed doors in Congress this week over the anti-Trump text messages that he sent while playing a key role in the FBI’s Hillary Clinton and Russia investigations.
Inspector General Michael Horowitz released his report on the handling of the Clinton email investigation, exposing new text messages between Strzok and Lisa Page.
According to Horowitz’s report, Page texted Strzok in August 2016 and said: “[Trump’s] not ever going to become president, right? Right?!”
No. No he won’t. We’ll stop it,” Strzok responded.
(Tap to play)
Devin Nunes is an American hero who is fighting for the truth for the American people, and he makes us proud.
Do you think these 17 current and former FBI or Justice Department officials will testify on Capitol Hill about possible government surveillance abuse during the 2016 election? Let us know what you think in the comments below.
(H/T Fox News)